It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club Account™
Our Junior Savers Club Account™ teaches children and young adults 18 and under the rewards of saving while making banking FUN!
In addition to learning one of life's most valuable lessons, Junior Savers will receive:
- A Personalized passbook with identification as a Junior Savers Club member
- Extra savings to be sure your account grows
- Junior Savers Passbook Accounts receive a higher rate of interest than do adults—all regular account service charges are waived for Junior Savers
- A special JSC Bank to inspire daily at-home saving
- Our exclusive "Treats Dollar" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous balance by $100. Certificates may be redeemed at local participating merchants.
- And lots of other great goodies and fun activities for Junior Savers. You’ll be sent frequent invites to fun Junior Savers Club events and contests
Teaching kids how to save. It's all part of our commitment to bring traditional community banking back to the community
Learn more about our Junior Savers special events.
Junior Savers Club® Events
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
Student Checking Account
We designed an account to help young adults handle their finances and provide peace of mind to parents. We call it our Student Checking Account. It offers everything your high school or college student needs for financial security, including a Checking Account, a Cash Card1, and a Credit Card2.
Features and Benefits
- FREE Checking Account with no minimum balance and no monthly fee¹
- NO ANNUAL FEE ATM or MasterCard Debit Card²
- Free access to SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- FREE imaged checks
- FREE On-line Banking and Telebank
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE Quicken and Microsoft Money download capabilities
¹Other qualifications and service charges may apply. See bank for details. ²Subject to age and other qualifications. Credit Cards are offered, issued and approved by First Bankcard, a division of First national Bank of Omaha. See bank for details.
Accounts that most of our customers like you choose
Total Access Checking
Total Convenience, Total Savings and Totally FREE ATMs Nationwide!*
- NO MINIMUM BALANCE account
- FREE access to ATMs NATIONWIDE
- WE REBATE YOUR ATM FEES!
- FREE Online and Mobile Bill Pay
*No transaction charge at any ATM in the Money Pass or Sum surcharge - free networks. Other banks outside the network may impose ATM surcharges at their machines. Surcharge fees assessed by owners of other ATMs outside the network will be reimbursed. Reimbursement does not include the 1% International Service fee charged by MasterCard for certain foreign transactions conducted outside the continental United States. $100.00 deposit required to open account. Fees, such as overdraft charges and fees for special services, may apply.