When you're just starting out, defining your financial goals can be difficult, just like reaching them. Defining your goals can be a process and they may change over time. We want to help you begin your financial journey, set goals and achieve them, whatever they may be. Check out some of our solutions below that are just right for those just starting out.
- There is no monthly minimum balance to be maintained
- There is no monthly service charge
- No limit to the number of checks that may be written per month and there are no charges per check written
Student Checking Account
We designed an account to help young adults handle their finances and provide peace of mind to parents. We call it our Student Checking Account. It offers everything your high school or college student needs for financial security, including a Checking Account, a Cash Card1, and a Credit Card2.
Features and Benefits
- FREE Checking Account with no minimum balance and no monthly fee¹
- NO ANNUAL FEE ATM or MasterCard Debit Card²
- Free access to Surcharge-free ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- FREE first order of checks
- FREE imaged checks
- FREE On-line Banking and Telebank
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE Quicken and Microsoft Money download capabilities
¹Other qualifications and service charges may apply. See bank for details. ²Subject to age and other qualifications. Credit Cards are offered, issued and approved by First Bankcard, a division of First national Bank of Omaha. See bank for details.
Passbook Savings Account
- No minimum to open
- Minimum Daily Balance requirement of only $250 to avoid a quarterly service charge of $2.50
- You receive a personalized passbook which must be presented each time you make a deposit or withdrawal, where all of your transactions are recorded
- Interest is compounded and paid quarterly
Passbook Savings Accounts – We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. Interest will be compounded Quarterly and paid to your account Quarterly.
Money Market Account
Our Money Market Account combines liquidity and convenience in a tiered variable-rate, interest-bearing2 account with limited check-writing privileges.
Features & Benefits
- Minimum Daily Balance of only $2,500.00 to avoid a monthly service fee1
- Unlimited deposits and up to six preauthorized debits at no charge3
- Unlimited withdrawals when made in person or by ATM, mail or messenger at the bank
- FREE On-line Banking and Telebank
It's Easy To Open This Account
Fill out and submit this application form or come see one of our friendly personal bankers.
1 A minimum balance fee of $15.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the daily balance in the account falls below $2,500 any day of the statement cycle.
2 Money Market Account – We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. Interest will be compounded Monthly and paid to your account Monthly.
3 An excessive transaction fee of $10.00 will be charged for each transaction in excess of the above limitations (Transfers from a Money Market Account to another account or to a third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer are limited to six per month with no transfers by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties)
Our Overdraft Protection Account allows you to cover the unexpected opportunity or the occasional overdraft.
• Fixed interest rates
• Flexible line amounts
• Requires credit approval
Call (630) 690-1800 for more information or talk to one of your friendly personal bankers at your nearest Wintrust Community bank
Products & Programs
- Flexible terms
- Quick turnaround
- Competitive rates
- New or used vehicles