Job Title: Personal Banker
Location: Wheaton Bank & Trust, Naperville
Contact: Human Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full-Time
Develops bank business by acquiring and developing client relationships; providing bank services; ensuring compliance with bank policies and government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the front-line, employee is expected to consistently deliver superior quality customer service and positively represent the Bank.
- Provide banking services by responding to inquiries; accepting and understanding requests; obtaining and clarifying client information; completing account openings, applications, and paperwork; coordinating with related departments; and manages customer profile/s
- Responsible for helping to establish and enhance the bank’s presence in the local market by developing strong customer relationships and community partnerships (Business Development)
- Meets and/or exceeds the established personal and business banker sales goals, working individually and part of a team
- Perform daily maintenance on existing accounts – including overdrafts, returned mail, safe deposit, wire transfers, check orders, on-line banking questions, etc.
- Expand and retain both new and existing relationships by understanding client's financial goals; matching client's goals with bank products and services; cross-selling services; partnering with other bank associates;
- Participate in community activities
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and government regulations by maintaining files; following internal audit, loan review, branch operations, and collection procedures
- Adhere to operational controls including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures to ensure safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Complete annual on-line training courses as outlined by Compliance Officer
- Provide approvals and/or overrides for tellers transaction above teller limits but within his/her limits
- Assist with opening and closing the bank as necessary
- Travel between branches is required; some travel between banks may be necessary
- Various other tasks as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential documents and situations
- Requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Requires strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented and produce high quality accurate work the first time
- Proficiency with MS Office Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; two year college degree or specialized training or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior customer service and/or 2 years personal banking experience is preferred.
Wheaton Bank & Trust Company is an EO employer- M/F/Veteran/Disability